Table of Contents
Revolutionize Your Writing with AI: Discover How ChatGPT Can Help You Make Money as a Writer in 2023
There is a revolution going on at the moment. Advancement in technology has caused machines and computers to be super smart. With Artificial Intelligence, Computers can be taught to act, think and interact with their users like humans.
In recent times, many AI tools have been introduced to carry out actions and tasks that humans were known for over the years. You probably would have noticed the introduction and impacts of AI in sciences, especially in industries such as medicine, transportation and others.
These AI solutions have been taught over the years to mirror human intelligence and interaction to solve problems. AI for instance is being used to generate images from text prompts. Some AI tools write music and poetry. The possibilities with AI are endless.
For writers like you, AI writing assistants are not new to you. And over the years they have had a significant influence on writing and writers. These tools have been used for grammar corrections, proofreading to improve readability and generating text. However, they hardly have been able to replace human writers.
However, concern has been growing in the creative and content creation industry with the advent of ChatGPT, An advanced AI chatbot that creates content or answers questions as directed by the prompt of users.
If you have made use of this tool, you will understand that these concerns are not misplaced. In this article, we will look into the possible implications of ChatGPT on the writing industry.
What is ChatGPT?
Also known as GPT-3 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3), ChatGPT is a language generation model developed by OpenAI, a San Francisco-based company. which is a variation of GPT-3 fine-tuned for conversational contexts.
ChatGPT, a tool created on a large language model is a long-form question-answer chatbot. This chatbot was trained with about 500 billion pieces of text gathered from the web. It has 174 Billion artificial neutrons, which makes it generate almost accurate answers to questions in real-time.
This tool can be made to perform natural languages processing tasks, such as language translation, text summarization, and text completion. It can generate text on any topic asked of it with awesome fluency and cohesion.
The fascinating thing about ChatGPT is that its response is an almost human-like conversation form that makes it even more valuable.
Will Chat GPT Replace Writers?
Imagine as a construction worker, you were offered an electric wheel-barrow to replace the manual one that requires the maximum deployment of energy to convey bags of cement from one location to another, mind you this electric wheel-barrow will not only reduce stress but will help you get a task done in a fraction of the normal time, will you say that the electric wheelbarrow is out to take your job?
ChatGPT is no doubt a very advanced tool. One that removes most of the hassle of writing. From ideation to research, to text generation, the chatbot literarily does magic. However, it cannot be trusted fully.
I know that like most writers, you are weary of the disruption ChatGPT will cause in the content creation space, however, this worry has been the same ever since the advent of Al Writing tools and assistance in the past.
You must understand that some of our fears are misplaced when you realise that Chat GPT, like other AI writing assistance, are merely tools to be used by writers. This tool can only take the jobs of amateur writers who have not invested in and improved their craft.
The Follow are the reasons writing ChatGPT cannot take your job as a writer.
- Chat GPT can generate text, not creativity and intuition.
- ChatGPT cannot jump on trends or writing angles
- ChatGPT cannot tell Unique Stories that can help brands stand out.
- Even when you make use of the Al Writing bot, you are advised to proofread adequately to detect and remove biased responses.
- ChatGPT might not be able to adopt emotional and psychological triggers that make content or copy effective and impactful
In fact, this is what the bot has to say about it taking your job
“It’s important to note that GPT-3 are not a replacement for human writer but an assist tool, it can create unique and creative ideas but it needs human intervention to refine the final output.”
How ChatGPT can help writers write better (Writing with ChatGPT)
If you are stuck or if you have any form of self-diagnosed writer’s block then you will want to have ChatGPT as your go-to tool. The bot helps you come up with ideas for projects that would get you creating content that mesmerises your audience. All you have to do is to give it a very detailed prompt and you will be amazed by the result you will get.
For instance, I asked the chatbot for content ideas for LinkedIn, and this is what I got.
ChatGPT language model for writing affords you the opportunity to seamlessly research the topics you want to write about. As an integrated search engine, you can quickly research topics, without surfing through tonnes of webpages that search engines throw at your faces when you want data that you need to get started with a project.
Like AI editing tools, for example, Grammarly, ChatGPT is insanely good at editing and proofreading your work. All you have to do is plug in your content and give the bot an adequate prompt. It does an almost perfect job.
Generate Optimised Headlines
If you want to create Optimised and attention-grabbing headlines, you are just a prompt away from getting one with ChatGPT. The headline of this piece was optimised by ChatGPT. By just playing around with the prompts, you can get optimised headlines for pieces.
Apart from coming up with ideas, ChatGPT also generates content for your idea. The bot gives you basic content, depending on the details of your prompt. Do not expect to get a 100% of what you want, however, you will get a significant amount of relevant points that you can work with.
For instance, I asked the bot to give me a 2000 article on “how writers can benefit from the features of ChatGPT” and the outcome was not up to 800 words.
Improve Writing and Readability
AI writing assistant, chatGPT help you write better as a content writer. It advises you on how to improve your writing. The bot also improves the readability of your content and helps you outline and structure your writing to perform well on search. The bot, usually, depending on the prompt creates listicles and outlined content that makes readers consume them with ease.
Help With SEO Optimisation of Content
If you know how powerful ChatGPT is, you will agree with me that you do not need expensive SEO tools to carry out keyword research, content optimisation and other SEO activities.
The bot can help you generate optimised meta descriptions, meta tags, mata topics, and various on-page SEO practices and give advice on how to perform better on search.
The Pros and Cons of Natural Language Generation with chatGPT
ChatGPT for writers has its pros and cons. Here are some of the pros of ChatGPT
- Get more jobs done in real time. If you expand 5 hours to create a piece of written content before now, the time you will need to spend with ChatGPT will be brought down to 1 hour.
- It Brings together other tools in one. Imagine having all the tools for editing, research, SEO keyword research and other tools in one chatbot. All you have to do is to put in an adequate prompt.
- It is free, at least for Now imagine not having to pay for subscriptions for different tools and still getting premium out. That is the beauty of GPT.
- Content Generated from ChatGPT feels authentic.
Cons of Using ChatGPT
- The truth about content generated by the chatbot is that it’s not always unique or engaging. Your audience is likely to see through the content and deduce that it was bot-generated.
- Reliance on this bot can cause laziness in writers and also kill creativity.
- The Chatbot cannot tell unique stories and infer your intuition as a writer.
- The bot cannot satisfy all your content needs
Five Ways Writers Can Make Money with ChatGPT
Generate Copies to Sell your Product or service (ChatGPT For Copywriting)
With ChatGPT, you can generate unique copies for your product, including email copies, Facebook copies, product descriptions and much more. You need to know that ChatGPT can be a powerful copywriting tool in the hands of people who know its potential.
Offering writing Services is made easy with ChatGPT, all that needs to be done is to post your writing services, for example, ghostwriting, on any freelancing website, including Fiverr and Upwork and offer these services with the help of the chatbot.
Content creation is easy with chatGPT, in less than an hour you can create content for your website, and social media and even render content writing services.
With ChatGPT, you can carry out SEO assessment on your written piece free of charge.
You can now create and write compelling novels with great storylines and generate ebooks you can sell.
How to Use Chat GPT Writing Prompt:
Here are some tips for writing a good prompt for a ChatGPT bot:
- Be clear and specific: Make sure your prompt is clear and specific, so the bot knows exactly what kind of information or action you want it to generate or perform.
- Use natural language: Use natural language and avoid using overly technical terms or jargon, so the bot can understand the intent behind your prompt.
- Provide context: Provide enough context so the bot can understand the context of the conversation and generate appropriate responses.
- Use open-ended prompts: Use open-ended prompts to encourage the bot to generate creative and diverse responses.
- Test and iterate: Test your prompt with the bot and iterate on it until you get the desired results.
- Avoid using too much specific information, like names, dates and etc, without providing them on the prompt. As the model may not have enough information to work with.
Other Frequently Ask Questions about ChatGPT (Some of these answers were generated by ChatGPT)
Who Built ChatGPT?
OpenAI is a private artificial intelligence research laboratory consisting of the for-profit OpenAI LP and its parent company, the non-profit OpenAI Inc. The company was founded in December 2015 by Elon Musk, Sam Altman, Greg Brockman, Ilya Sutskever, Wojciech Zaremba and Wojciech Zaremba.
What is OpenAI?
OpenAI is primarily financed by a group of venture capital firms and investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Fidelity Investments, and Obvious Ventures. It has also received funding from high-profile individuals, such as Elon Musk and Peter Thiel.
Is Elon Musk the owner of OpenAI?
No, Elon Musk does not own Open AI, however, he was one of the earliest investors in the startup.
Is ChatGPT Free?
Yes, ChatGPT is free, but you have to create an account with the web-based app before you can use it.