Two persons have lost their lives in Orile Agege area of Lagos after a devastating explosion erupted destroying properties worth several millions of naira.
According to the residence, the explosion was as a result of the wire of a high tension which dropped on a house that has cooking gas in it.
The victims, who are now homeless and in dept, have appealed to the state government to come to their aid as they attempt to gather the piece of their lives.
“I could not salvage anything from the fire. The most painful aspect is that the money I was supposed to pay into the bank yesterday (Monday), on behalf of my company, got burnt.
I could not pay because the bank had closed. My intention was to pay it in today(yesterday), only for the unthinkable to happen.” A resident narrated.
Station Magazine recalls that dozens of people died in Lagos State building collapse in Lagos Island just some days back.
VIDEO : Watch the horrifying moment Gas Explosion rocks the popular University of Amala eatery at Idimu, Lagos
— Digital Promovers (@HypeRobotNg) March 27, 2019