Latest News

#Xenophobia: Nigerian Government Says “Enough Is Enough”

The Nigerian government has reacted to the Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other Africans in South African.

The Federal Government through the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, has said it will no longer fold its hand and watch has the lives and properties of Nigerians living in South Africans are threatened.

It has been reported that shops and properties owned by Nigerians in South Africa have been burnt and looted.

Onyeama declared that the Nigerian government has had enough and will be taking definitive measures over the attacks.

The minister, via is twitter account, said: “Received sickening and depressing news of continued burning and looting of Nigerian shops and premises in by mindless criminals with ineffective police protection. Enough is enough. We will take definitive measures.”

Adetola Olubajo, the president of Nigeria Union South Africa, an association of Nigerian residents in the country said in a statement Monday that many foreign-owned businesses were destroyed by South Africans in escalating xenophobic rages.

Nigerian-owned businesses were seriously affected. A car sales business owned by a Nigerian were among the several businesses set ablaze over the night.”

“Although the Police said that many people had been arrested in connection with the unnecessary attacks, the looting and burning of foreign-owned businesses continued till Monday morning.” Olubajo said.

About Author

Joshua Oyenigbehin is an introvert who is passionate about Storytelling, writing, and teaching. He sees his imagination as an unsearchable world, more magical than a fairyland. He has written a novel and working on another

Comment here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares
Share This