Aliko Dangote is Africa’s Richest Man who is making a huge impact in his effort to reposition Africa’s economy in his own little effort.
Dangote who will be 61 years old in four days time, started his entrepreneurial journey when he was 21 years old.
The Nigerian who is worth US$10.6 billion, is an investor, and owner of the Dangote Group, which has interests in commodities in Nigeria and other African countries
He surpassed Saudi-Ethiopian billionaire Mohammed Hussein Al Amoudi in 2013 by over $2.6 billion to become the world’s richest person of African descent.
With little education, Dangote built one of the biggest brands in Africa and he is not stopping for anything, as he is presently building the biggest refinery in the world.
Dangote’s Quotes are mirrors to understanding him and how he got to where he is today.
Quotes By Dangote
- I enjoy myself a lot but I derive more joy in working.
- I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. …
- The tenacity of purpose is supreme. …
- If you don’t have ambition, you shouldn’t be alive”
- Where the foreign exchange is not available, we are cutting down our operations. For example, we had a vegetable oil refinery; we have shut it down. We had a tomato-based processing plant; we have shut it down.
- I enjoy myself a lot but I derive more joy in working. I believe in hard work and one of my business success secrets is hard work. It’s hard to see a youth that will go to bed by 2am and wake up by 5am. I don’t rest until I achieve something.
- Endeavour to work as hard as possible to attain a new aim with each day that comes by. Don’t go to bed until you have achieved something productive.
- In the journey to success, tenacity of purpose is supreme.
- When you have made it in life, you must give back to those who made you.
- Africa’s risks are mainly perceived and not real. Unfortunately for us in Africa we are not really very good at telling our own story. But things are changing and people are beginning to understand that things are going very, very well.
- Don’t kill the competition. Competition is healthy for businesses. It keeps you on your toes.
- To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big.
- If you don’t have ambition, you shouldn’t be alive. – Aliko Dangote
- Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve as many problems, before retiring home. – Aliko Dangote
- One day I went to a bank, and at that time, there were no restrictions, and I wrote a cheque and cashed $10m from the bank and put it in the boot of my vehicle, and I went home and I opened it and I looked at $10m and I said ‘now I believe I have money