Oprah Winfrey is a media entrepreneur, a producer, presenter actress, philanthropist, talk show host, and an inspiration millions of people especially black people all over the world.
Winfrey, who came from a humble background rose from nothing to become one of the richest black woman in the world today.
The media personality, who was sexually molested as a child become pregnant and gave birth to her premature son at age 14, had a jaw-dropping story of her unpalatable childhood, which she scaled through despite all odds.
Winfrey is not only a force to reckon with in the American media, but she is also a political force that cannot be taken for granted. she was instrumental to the emergence of the first black president of the United States in 2008 Barrack Obama.
Winfrey’s story has been an inspiration to many people. so is her words and quotes, which have been inscribed in the tablet of time. These words speak of possibility and unflinching determination.
Here are some Oprah Winfrey quotes that should get you going today
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
- “Where there is no struggle there is no strength.”
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
- “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.”
- “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those
- who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.”
- “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance, and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.”
- “Don’t worry about being successful, but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.”
- “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”
- “The reason I’ve been able to be so financially successful is my focus has never, ever for one minute been money.”
- “Leadership is about empathy. It is about having the ability to relate to and connect with people for the purpose of inspiring and empowering their lives.”
- “The more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That’s because – for sure – what you focus on expands. When you focus on the goodness in life, you create more of it.”
- “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.”
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.”
- “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.”
- “Learn from every mistake, because every experience, particularly your mistakes, are there to teach you and force you into being more who you are.”
- “Follow your feelings. If it feels right, move forward. If it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it.”
- “If you’re sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time because only you have the power to take responsibility to move your life forward.
- “You need to dream a bigger dream for yourself. That is the lesson. Hold the highest vision possible for your life and it can come true.”
- “Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out and live fully.”
- “Nobody’s journey is seamless or smooth. We all stumble. We all have setbacks. It’s just life’s way of saying ‘Time to change course.’ ”