Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has a man whose grace has continued to be a wonder and source of admiration to millions of people.
The man of God, who is the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has been a portrayal of God’s plan of greatness in the lives of people who diligently seek him.
The Pastor, who recently celebrated his 77th birthday on the second of March, has not only made his mark on humanity he has also given to humanity words that can make the difference in their lives.
Here are some of the quotes that make Pastor E. A Adeboye unforgettable and always a blessing.
- “If I had my way, I would not want influence over anyone but my little family.”
- “I would have loved to retire – I had plans of what I could do in retirement – when you are retired – you are more or less your own master – wake up whenever you like, go where you want, when you want. If I’m retired I don’t have to be in charge of the congress – I can just come and enjoy.”
- When you have this kind of congregation – you have members of every party in the congregation and if you want to retain their respect for you-you must be neutral.
- In the past – the people have been so focused on making it to heaven that they don’t want anything to do with politics – politics has gizzards, which is another way of saying politics can be dirty.
- If you kill a Muslim – you are killing a potential convert – someone who is dead cannot be converted and of course a Muslim killing a Christian – you are also killing a potential convert. But I think most of the crisis in Nigeria is not really religion – its politics.
- “Don’t ever marry outside the church and you have no reason to marry outside RCCG. The reason is that if you are both from the same church even when trouble comes it is easier for the pastors to handle it!
- “Don’t marry a girl who is lazy! Don’t marry a girl who cannot cook, she needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time.
- “Thanksgiving is the glue that helps to firmly attach your blessings to you. Without it, your blessing may be lost.”
- “Praise is a powerful instrument. It attracts God’s presence. If you have been struggling with a problem, try praise. It can change your life because as you praise God, the earth releases her increase and you will be blessed.”
- “When in trouble, praise and thank God. To show a higher level of faith, actually, sleep off the problem. This shows you trust God to sort it out.”
- “If you know anyone who cannot go a day without sex, bring him/her for deliverance. Sex is not food. It’s a dangerous obsession.”